Having a professionally installed home security system is one of the best ways to protect your home from intruders. Knowing your home is secure will give you the peace of mind you need to rest easy when you’re at home and away. Today’s security systems include a wide variety of features. Here are just a few tips to help you understand the important elements of a home security system to help you choose the one that’s best for you.
Five important elements of a home security system:
- Do you want a wired or wireless system? Wired systems have some advantages. They won’t lose connection to the hub if your wireless network goes down. However, the easiest time to install a wired system is during new construction. If you’re installing a security system in an existing home, you may want to consider wireless devices. You can also use wireless devices to expand an already existing wired system.
- What do you want to monitor? Some people install a basic system with front and back door sensors and one or two motion sensors. However, with wireless devices, it’s not much more difficult to also add sensors to windows and gates. It may not make sense to monitor all second-story windows, but pay special attention to those with roof access, nearby trees, or in secluded areas as they could be desirable entry points for perpetrators.
- Do you want to see what’s going on outside your home? It’s one thing to know a motion sensor has been triggered in your yard, but it can be even more reassuring to see what triggered it. Many modern systems include indoor and outdoor video surveillance cameras so you can see exactly who or what is on your property, whether you are at home or away on vacation.
- Who do you want to receive an alarm call? It’s important to know who will be notified if an alarm is triggered. Make sure you talk with your security system professionals to understand how an alarm event will be handled. In some areas, the system may automatically contact police or fire departments. At the same time, in some cities, there may be restrictions requiring a security company to be the first responder to triggered alarms.
- How important is support for repairs and warranties? As with any electronic system, there will inevitably be a need for future support–from repairs to modifications or additions. A professional security system installation company will usually be available to you as these needs arise. It’s essential to consider a company’s reputation and longevity before you make your purchasing decisions.
Choose Accurate Electronic Interiors for the best surveillance systems.
Today’s home security systems are functional, effective, and affordable for every homeowner and business. Whether you want a single camera to monitor your front entrance or require a network of surveillance throughout a commercial location, Accurate Electronic Interiors will ensure your location is protected appropriately. Pan-tilt-zoom and stationary cameras can be set up for viewing and control using your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Stop by our showroom to learn more about our surveillance cameras and other home automation elements to customize your house to fit your lifestyle better.