Look at featured homes on television or in magazines, and you’ll rarely see a television, stereo, or worse yet…cords. Yet the reality for most Americans is that we enjoy our media–whether binge-watching our favorite series on a Saturday or listening to our go-to albums after work. One way to create the aesthetics you want in your home without sacrificing functionality is to use hideaway media solutions.
What are hideaway media solutions?
Hideaway media solutions simply make modern appliances blend into your home’s decor. Think back to the extensive wooden cabinetry of televisions and stereo units of the 60s and ’70s. Sure, they required more cabinetry to hold more significant components than today’s technology. Yet, they were designed to complement the style and design of other furniture and fixtures. Today’s solutions have the same goal but do it in different ways.
Five ideas to implement hideaway media solutions in your home:
- Add custom cabinetry around your television. Mounting your television to the wall will help free up more of your room, but custom cabinetry around the unit will help hide it on your wall. Rather than thinking about thick bookshelves or doored cabinets, Consider a wall of artwork-laden woodwork flush with the front of the television. Your television becomes part of the wall, and automated sliding units can completely cover the unit.
- Choose a television that looks like artwork. Some of the newest models of television feature matte screens with designated “art modes.” When you switch to this mode, you can project an artwork that complements other artwork on the same wall. It’s possible to have your favorite painting from The Louvre on the wall or change it up to a new favorite you find on Etsy.
- Install your television behind a piece of artwork. Another solution is to simply attach your favorite piece of artwork to a picture lift mechanism that will move the painting or print away from the television on command. It’s a great way to enjoy your art investments while having the functionality to watch your favorite shows in the same room.
- Use pop-up enclosure tv lifts. Motorized units can electronically lift your television screen from an enclosed cabinet or even the floor itself. Using an enclosed mounting box, the box’s lid disguises your television, so it completely disappears when the unit is closed. With the touch of a button, you can easily raise the television for viewing on-demand.
- Select a television that can double as a mirror. A popular trick on home decorating television shows is to install flat-screen televisions that act like mirrors when the televisions are switched off. It’s technically called a “dielectric mirror.” The mirroring quality is so strong that some models can be used as bathroom mirrors when they are turned off. Add a decorative frame, and no one will know the difference. But once you switch the television on, you’ll enjoy your favorite shows in crystal clear high definition.
Accurate Electronics Interiors can help you solve all your home automation challenges.
Your home should be a reflection of your unique interests and personal tastes. We have solutions to help you achieve your interior decorating dreams while giving you the functionality to live your best life in your home. Professional home automation systems give you the assurance all your components will work the way you want them to, and installers will do all the hard work for you.
If you’d like to treat yourself to years of convenience and more home enjoyment, talk with our professionals at Accurate Electronic Interiors. We are Southern Oregon’s first choice in home theater and SMART home electronics design and installation. Our teams install quality electronic systems that seamlessly automate your home theater, window coverings, lighting, outlets, surveillance system, and more. Visit our showroom or give us a call to learn more about how we can make your life easier.