Three out of four homes in the United States will be burglarized over the next 20 years. 2.5 million break-ins occur every year–equivalent to one burglary every 13 seconds. With crime on the rise, now’s the time to reduce your chances of being victimized.
How can you reduce your risks of becoming a victim?
There are several steps you can take to keep your home and family safe:
- Lock your doors and windows. One-third of burglars break into a property through the front door. Make sure external doors to the garage or storage units are always locked when not in use.
- Hide your belongings from view. Keep your garage door closed and add shades or curtains to garage and storage unit windows. Thieves are less likely to break in if they don’t know what’s available to steal.
- Make your home appear occupied when you are away. Home automation security systems allow homeowners to easily program when lights should turn on and off and when blinds should open and close–making it easy to look like your family is at home. Only one-fourth of burglaries happen when someone is home, and even then, thieves tend to target non-occupied areas like garages, patios, and storage units.
- Light up the outdoors. Criminals prefer to remain out of sight, which is much more complicated if the exterior of your home has ample lighting. Motion sensors can turn additional lights on and notify you of a potential intruder on your property. Home automation systems allow you to turn lights on and off using a remote control or mobile device while you remain safely indoors.
- Install a home surveillance system. Home surveillance systems provide homeowners with peace of mind by tracking activity outside of the home and sending alerts if something seems amiss. Live video footage is accessible on PCs, and mobile devices and recordings are available to share with law enforcement. Modern technology using infrared cameras allows viewers to see what’s going on even when it is completely dark.
It’s simple to protect your family with Accurate Electronic Interiors and Home Automation Security.
If you’re ready to achieve greater peace of mind and want to add more home automation security for your family, talk with our professionals at Accurate Electronic Interiors. We are Southern Oregon’s first choice in home theater and SMART home electronics design and installation. Our teams install quality electronic systems that work together seamlessly to automate your home theater, window coverings, lighting, surveillance system, and more. Visit our showroom or give us a call to learn more about how we can make your life easier.